- .NET Core 2.0 / .NET Standard 2.0 edition (including BounceMail and mail merge over database support).
- Support of UWP Release builds.
- Protected constructors added for all exception classes (required for serialization).
- Empty MAIL FROM is now allowed for SMTP.
- No extra CRLF in the end of DATA transmission in SMTP.
- MAIL FROM now includes SIZE if the SMTP server limits the size of messages being submitted.
- Short path for SMTP authentication (AUTH method_name initial challenge). Fixes issues with Microsoft's SMTP.
- Misc. bugfixes and documentation fixes.
- New RblFilter class to perform spam filtering using DNS RBLs.
- Better support of certificates in .NET Core and Xamarin. Can now use client certificates in SSL/TLS connections and DKIM.
- Imap.SetSeenForEntireMessages is now false by default. This means MailBee won't set SEEN flag when downloading entire messages unless you change this property value.
- New Global.DnsServers property to override the default list of DNS servers assigned for the current system. Useful if DNS server autodetection is not supported on the current platform (e.g. Xamarin).
- New TimeStamp.IP property which represents the IP address the message came from.
- Improved autodetection of inline images in Outlook .MSG files.
- Misc. bugfixes.
- .NET Core edition, .NET Core 1.0/1.1, .NET Standard 1.3 and Xamarin compatible.
- UWP edition (Universal Windows, UAP 10.0).
- New Ews component, provides access to MS Exchange server via its native EWS protocol.
- .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.0 builds in addition to 2.0 and 4.5 builds are now included with the installer and in NuGet package.
- Much more methods now have async/await versions.
- MailBee.NET.dll for all .NET versions now has the same name.
- sha256 signatures in addition to sha1 for all MailBee.NET dlls.
- IDN domains (e-mail addresses with international domains) support for both sending and parsing.
- MailMessage.GetHtmlWithBase64EncodedRelatedFiles method to save HTML body with related images being directly embedded in the HTML so that there is no need to save them locally and delete them afterwards.
- STARTTLS secure connection is now supported in direct send mode. To activate, use
mailer.DirectSendDefaults.EnableStartTls = true where
mailer is Smtp instance.
- SecurityProtocol now includes TlsAuto value which you can use to restrict MailBee to use the best supported TLS protocol (up to TLS 1.2). E.g.
imapClient.SslProtocol = SecurityProtocol.TlsAuto where
imapClient is Imap instance.
- Imap.GetSpecialFolder method to easily locate folders like Sent Items or Drafts.
- GetStream method of Imap, Smtp, Pop3 classes now lets you get access to the underlying network Stream.
- SocketCreating event of Imap, Smtp, Pop3 classes lets you use your own socket initialization. This is especially useful for UWP apps to configure which SSL certificate errors can be tolerated. For instance: Imap.SocketCreating.
- Outlook 2016 .MSG format support.
- Support of distribution lists in .PST files.
- MailMessage.Sender property added.
- New Logger.DateTimeFormatTimeOnly and Logger.DateTimeFormatFull properties to configure datetime formats in the log file.
- SmimeResult.SignedCmsResult and SmimeResult.EnvelopedCmsResult properties to give access to SignedCms and EnvelopedCms data of S/MIME messages.
- Smtp.TransientErrorOccurred event to decide what to do on transient SMTP errors in case if another SMTP server available. The app can either stop trying or try with another SMTP server. The default behavior is to retry in case of relay servers and stop trying in case of MX servers.
- Bounce database updated.
- Misc. bugfixes.
- Also tested with Visual Studio 2017.
- License keys in a new MN110 format. If you have a valid maintenance contract, contact us to receive your new key. If your contract has already expired, you need to renew it first.
- MailBee.NET.45.dll (.NET 4.5 optimized).
- MailBee.NET.Mono.dll with .NET 4.5 feature set (Xamarin-ready).
- MailBee.NET.Android.dll with .NET 4.5 feature set (Xamarin-ready). Supports Android 4.4 (KitKat) or higher.
- MailBee.NET.iOS.dll with .NET 4.5 feature set (Xamarin-ready). Supports iOS 8 or higher.
async/await methods to Smtp, Imap, Pop3, EmailAddressValidator, AntiSpam.BayesFilter, MailMessage, Attachment, DomainKeys classes (for .NET 4.5 or higher).
- Bounce parser can read bounce definitions database from a single file or memory (in addition to a set of XML files as before).
- New ClientServerCertificates.CheckCertificateRevocation property.
- New DirectSendServerConfig.EnableStartTls property.
- TLS 1.1 and TLS 1.2 support (new Tls11 and Tls12 values in SecurityProtocol enum).
- New MsgConvert.MsgIsFromMe property.
- Html.Processor.Images and .AHRefs collections now clearly marked read-only.
- Global.PreserveMimePartOrder and Global.UnwrappedLineLengthLimit new properties.
- MessageParserConfig.WriteUtf8ByteOrderMark property to correctly write UTF-8 encoded HTML files.
- The default TCP buffer size is now 65536 bytes instead of 8192 bytes (improves network operations performance).
- Numerous bugfixes and performance optimizations across the library.
- Revised samples.
- New documentation look.
- Tested with Windows 10, Visual Studio 2015, .NET Framework 4.6.
- License keys in a new MN100 format. If you have a valid maintenance contract, contact us to receive your new key. If your contract has already expired, you need to renew it first.
- Improved bounce parser (bugsfixes, new bounce formats added).
- Fixed regular expression in e-mail address validator to allow for apostrophes in user names and hyphens in domain names.
- Fixed S/MIME bug with signed e-mails containing only attachments and no text body.
- Installer now checks AlwaysInstallElevated registry setting to avoid messing up the installation process in such mode.
- Great improvements in Integrated Windows Authentication implementation (both managed and unmanaged). NTLM and GSSAPI now work in much more scenarios, with both MS Exchange and IIS SMTP service.
- All-new EmailAddressValidator component (in MailBee.AddressCheck namespace). Checks bulks of e-mail addresses for syntax and existence. Available both as part of MailBee.NET Objects bundle and under separate license.
- Added support of mail merge over System.Data.IDataReader, with a number of samples using MS SQL Server database for mail merge.
- The default charset for new e-mail messages is now "utf-8" (makes creating international e-mails a bit easier)
- New Smtp.ValidateEmailAddressSyntax method.
- Support of OAuth v2.0 with OAuth2 class, for all mail protocols. Confirmed to work with Gmail and its XOAUTH2 extension.
- Constructor overloads accepting license key added, for all licensed components.
- Imap.DownloadEnvelopes now accepts bodyPreviewSize=-2 to download entire messages but keep them UNSEEN.
- Easier to understand exceptions when the license key is invalid but it's still a MailBee key (of an older or ActiveX/COM version).
- MailBee now sees the license key stored in 64-bit registry even when running in a 32-bit process (only for .NET 4.0+ optimized version). For .NET 2.0/3.5, the documentation updated on how to deal with this situation.
- Some enhancements to the logging subsystem. Large chunks of data are logged with their beginnings and endings for easier preview, LogNewEntry.ToString method added.
- Improved IPv6 compatibility.
- Timeout setting now affects not only socket Read and Write operations but Connect as well, for all mail protocols.
- Added timeout for how long a single SMTP response can be returned by the server added (utilized automatically), to avoid slow-downs with mail servers which return EHLO response very slowly, such as by a single byte every 10 seconds, resulting in several minutes of total time per response.
- New MailBeeConnectionException.WasConnected property for more accurate error handling.
- Improved support of Outlook .MSG and .PST conversions.
- Improved MIME parser and builder, including the support of international characters (especially in headers and attachment filenames), quoted strings in headers, and more.
- MimePart.GetRawData method to return the undecoded contents of a MIME part.
- More bounce formats recognized and a number of bugs fixed in MailBee.BounceMail.
- In SSL, Name Mismatch certificate error is now detected.
- Removed MailBee.InternalUse namespace with all the classes which only existed to support MailBee.NET Objects internal infrastructure.
- Errors during Disconnect are handled more gracefully.
- Reading files from a network share now made in a more reliable way.
- Revised documentation (added the detailed guide for using EmailAddressValidator, many topics across Assembly Reference have been extended or clarified, more code snippets added).
- Revised samples. Amongst improvements, the samples now access C:\Temp instead of C:\ to honor UAC restrictions.
- Extended and improved MailBee.NET Start Menu launcher.
- Extended and improved SaveKeyGui and SaveKey tools. Now they can save the license key to both 32-bit and 64-bit registry on 64-bit systems (important for .NET 2.0/3.5 apps which can't see 64-bit registry from 32-bit processes). Also, SaveKey tool can now clear the key from the storage, not just put it there.
- New large sample project named AddressValidatorDemo. Useful not only for verifying e-mail addresses in bulk, but also for implementing mail merge over database and other multi-threaded, database-oriented and asynchronous operations with MailBee.NET Objects as it highlights many useful techniques not necessarily related to checking e-mail addresses.
- License keys in a new "MN800-" format. If you have a valid maintenance contract, contact us to receive your new key, or renew the maintenance if your contract has already expired.
- New CertificateValidationFlags.NameMismatch flag to detect SSL certificates used for domains other then they are issued for.
- Support of ' (apostrophe) in filenames.
- Better support of decoding encoded headers.
- Improved support of .NET Framework 4.0/4.5.
- Improved support of Windows 8 in the installer.
- New DnsAutodetectOptions.RootServers flag enables direct-send via DNS MX lookup even if it's not possible to obtain DNS servers from the system (uses Google servers).
- Support of Gmail IMAP extensions to extract Gmail-specific thread ID, message ID, message labels. Lets you perform message search with Google syntax, add and remove message labels.
- Autodetect of Yahoo SMTP/POP3/IMAP port and SSL mode.
- Misc. improvements to MIME parser (especially timestamps), DomainKeys/DKIM, Outlook .MSG and .PST parser.
- COMPATIBILITY: New property HtmlToPdf.SourceType replaces HtmlToPdf.EnableHtmlToXmlConversion. Now PDF component can also convert plain-text into PDF.
- COMPATIBILITY: New method HtmlToPdf.ConvertFile replaces HtmlToPdf.ConvertHtmlFile.
- Significant improvements to the PDF builder. Now PDF output reflects the input HTML much closer. The converter now supports some basis CSS styles.
- MailBee.NET PDF component is now also available as standalone product with separate installer (useful for those PDF users who don't need any e-mail related functionality in their apps). The component integrated in MailBee.NET.dll is still available as well. Both use the license key of the same format.
- Misc. improvements to MIME parser, Delivery Status Notification parser, Outlook .MSG and .PST parser, TNEF parser.
- New sample projects (WinForms demos) for Outlook .MSG conversion and HTML-to-PDF conversion.
- New MailBee.Global.LicenseKey property to specify the license key for all components at once.
- Misc. fixes and improvements to the installer and documentation.
- New PDF Converter component allows for HTML to PDF conversion. You can use it to create and send PDF documents like invoices, when you have them in HTML format.
- Now includes MailBee.NET.dll natively compiled for .NET 4.0 (.NET 1.1 and .NET Compact deprecated, .NET 2.0/3.5 is still fully supported).
- Certificate.SubjectAlternativeName property.
- Numerous improvements and fixes to Outlook .MSG and .PST conversion, MIME parser and builder.
- License keys of a new format.
- AuthenticationOptions.UseLocalDomainAsDefault flag to fine-tune MS Exchange authentication via NTLM and GSSAPI, and other improvements to NTLM/GSSAPI authentication.
- Numerous improvements and fixes to S/MIME functionality.
- Revised ASP.NET samples.
- Documentation improvements (Developer's Guide re-structured, added "Deployment and Redistribution" topic, and other fixes).
- Support of OpenID and Hybrid OpenID/OAuth authorization (e.g. your application can check e-mail in Gmail without requiring the user to enter their e-mail address and password).
- Improved authentication sequence and better support of authentication against MS Exchange server.
- Support of iCal format (create or parse events, appointments, etc). See iCal and vCard calendars and contacts section in Developer's Guide for details.
- Complex IMAP search made easier with new ImapUtils methods ToLiteral, AnyOf, AllOf, Not.
- ImapBodyStructure.SafeFilename property.
- New IMAP FolderFlags values AllMail and Starred (Gmail-compatible).
- UidCollection and MessageNumberCollection classes in IMAP now have ToArray and IndexOf methods.
- MessageParserConfig.GetMessageIDHash method.
- CertificateStore can now be loaded from byte array.
- Added Developer's Guides for ICalVCard.dll library, IMAP, POP3, Outlook components ("Getting started" topics for now, more topics coming soon).
- Brand new collection of ASP.NET samples highlights basic and complex aspects of using MailBee.NET Objects. Samples available for Visual Studio 2008 and 2010, both C# and VB.NET.
- Misc. fixes to MIME and SSL functionality.
- As usually, numerous fixes to .PST reader and Outlook .MSG converter.
- Added Developer's Guide for SMTP component (140+ topics).
- Support of vCard format (create, parse, send or display photo, etc). See Attachment.IsVCard property for details.
- COMPATIBILITY: New improved mechanism of auto-detecting DNS servers and new flags for DnsServerCollection.Autodetect(DnsAutodetectOptions) method. Some flags have been removed from DnsAutodetectOptions enumeration.
- COMPATIBILITY: Message-ID (such as MailMessage.MessageID) now returns its value enclosed in angle brackets "<>".
- COMPATIBILITY: The standard argument of EHLO/HELO commands is now the IPv4 address of the local system, not the domain of "From" address. Seems to work better with some servers which check this argument value. Still, it's better to specify it manually with Smtp.DirectSendDefaults.HelloDomain property to the public domain name of the system.
- New ImportBodyOptions.PreferCharsetFromMetaTag flag. Use it when importing HMTL with international characters.
- New SmtpMessageRecipientSubmittedEventArgs.AllowRefusedRecipient property allows for manual control of allowance of failed recipients during sending e-mail to multiple recipients.
- Misc. fixes to MIME, mail merge, and S/MIME functionality.
- Direct send no longer retries other MXes in case of hard-bounce from the first MX (greatly improves performance when sending to lists with many invalid addresses).
- As always, numerous fixes to .PST reader and Outlook .MSG converter (including the ability to properly extract S/MIME signed items).
- Documentation now mentions how to use Global class and its properties (like Global.SafeMode) in Visual Basic where Global is a keyword
- New Imap.DownloadEnvelopesEx and Imap.BeginDownloadEnvelopesEx methods let you efficiently download text bodies or attachments of e-mails without downloading entire messages. You can download headers and text bodies of multiple e-mails within a single command.
- Better handling of Inbox folder when IMAP XLIST is used.
- Negative indices when referring to a POP3 or IMAP message number. For instance, -1 means "the last e-mail" in the folder.
- Can get RTF body from TNEF (winmail.dat).
- Easier to sign and verify DKIM and DomainKeys with MailMessage.DomainKeysSign and MailMessage.DomainKeysVerify methods.
- Can use mail merge and DKIM/DomainKeys signing together.
- OAuth no longer interferes with regular authentication if XOAUTH is the only supported SASL method.
- Numerous fixes to .PST reader and Outlook .MSG converter.
- New MailMessage.Parser.FixCrLf property to fix e-mails not having the correct CRLF sequence at the end of each body line.
- Support of OAuth authorization and XOAUTH authentication (widely used by Google).
- Much improved HTML-to-RTF converter (used during .EML to Outlook .MSG transformations).
- NTLM and GSSAPI authentication methods can now extract the domain part from the account name.
- Envelope.From is no longer empty with MS Exchange 2010 IMAP.
- Uploading e-mails over IMAP improved.
- Misc. fixes to MIME parser.
- Improved legacy .NET 1.1 and .NET Compact Framework support.
- New more efficient .PST file reader supports both 32-bit and 64-bit Outlook .PST files.
- Can access any item in Outlook .PST by its numeric ID.
- Filesystem-compatible names of Outlook .PST folders.
- SmtpServer/SmtpServerCollection DnsServer/DnsServerCollection classes made Serializable.
- Can be used with MailBee.NET Queue companion to send bulk mail to SSL-enabled mail servers.
- Better tolerates not fully RFC-compatible SMTP servers.
- Better multi-threaded access to Bayes spam/non-spam databases.
- GSSAPI and NTLM authentication rewritten from the ground up, now provides managed implementation for .NET 2.0+ (UnmanagedCode permission is no longer required), supports both Integrated Windows Authentication and explicitly specified credentials for both GSSAPI and NTLM, supports GSSAPI via both Kerberos and NTLM, updated to work with MS Exchange 2007/2010.
- Rewritten unmanaged GSSAPI and NTLM implementation for .NET 1.1 and .NET Compact Framework. Supports everything managed GSSAPI/NTLM .NET 2.0 implementation does.
New TargetName (Service Principal Name) and UserDomain settings for all mailer components (Login and BeginLogin method parameters for POP3/IMAP, SmtpServer object properties for SMTP). These values can be used with GSSAPI and NTLM.
COMPATIBILITY: If you use Imap.BeginLogin or Pop3.BeginLogin method in your code written for earlier versions of MailBee.NET Objects, insert "null, null" (C#) or "Nothing, Nothing" (VB.NET) in place of the newly added parameters.
- Simplified authentication procedure (retry with a non-secure method if the secure method fails).
- New flags in AuthenticationOptions to further fine-tune authentication process.
- Improved logging for easier trouble-shooting (now large data chunks in the logs are presented as a short preview and the total size of the chunk).
- Support of IMAP XLIST extension (used by Gmail and many others) enables recognition of special folder flags (Drafts, Sent, Trash, etc).
- Improved support of IMAP APPEND (Imap.UploadMessage method) when used with MS Exchange 2007/2010.
- Improved support of IMAP servers which allow message flags containing special characters (such as Zimbra).
- Memory consumption by Smtp object decreased twice when relaying e-mails from file
New parameter doubleFirstDotAtLine for methods which submit to IIS SMTP pickup folder works around the issue of IIS SMTP pickup service which results in loosing dot character when it appears at the first position on a line.
COMPATIBILITY: If you use Smtp.SubmitJobsToPickupFolder or Smtp.SubmitJobsToPickupFolder method in your code written for earlier versions of MailBee.NET Objects, set the new parameter asfalse if you're submitting to MailBee Message Queue or true if you're using IIS SMTP queue.
- MailMessage.DateSent property allows you to access "Date Sent" value of converted Outlook .MSG files, or make it appear in the resulting .MSG file if you're doing the opposite conversion (into Outlook .MSG).
- Miscellaneous bug fixes and improvements of Mime, AntiSpam and Outlook functionality.
- Miscellaneous documentation improvements (highlights usage with MS Exchange and more).
- The documentation in Visual Studio 2010 format which can be integrated into IDE.
- New FIPS-compatible licensing algorithm makes no use of MD5. This allows using MailBee.NET Objects in FIPS-restricted environments such as many banking and government structures.
- New Outlook.PstReader class which can read .PST files and streams with PST data, traverse through folders, extract messages, appointments, contacts and other PST items.
- Great memory savings in all major components: e-mail MIME builder and parser, SMTP/POP3/IMAP protocol implementations. Processing large e-mails takes less time and consumes 3-5 times less memory.
- Method MailMessage.Clear can now remove just the raw message body (this lets you use memory more efficiently).
- Pop3.InboxPreloadOptions can now take advantage of Pop3InboxPreloadOptions.List to further optimize memory usage.
- Outlook Message Converter refactored. Now it's in the new namespace Outlook, easier to use and more flexible, provides more methods and properties, fine-tuned in many places. Old OutlookMsgnamespace is still supported for backward compatibility but it's now deprecated and removed from the documentation.
- New AddJob overloads in Smtp class to allow submitting send mail jobs from .EML files and user-supplied MailMessage objects. Allows for more flexibility and memory savings. This is accompanied by a new Filename property in MailMessage class which allows you to link filenames submitted to MailBee during creating send mail jobs and MailMessage objects created and loaded by MailBee from that files during sending this mail jobs.
- Exchange 2010 SMTP workaround to avoid timeouts (Exchange 2010 can delay its responses for more than 30 seconds which is more than default 20 seconds timeout in MailBee).
- Miscellaneous improvements to importing HTML files with embedded pictures, parsing MIME, .Outlook .MSG and MS-TNEF (winmail.dat) files.
- MailBee exceptions now bear [Serializable] attribute (useful for error tracking when all exceptions which occur in an application are recorded for further analysis).
- BounceMail supports a number of new bounced e-mail formats.
- BounceMail now recognizes MDNs (Message Disposition Notifications). MDNs are similar to DSNs with only difference they are created by mail clients rather than by mail servers (for instance, receipt of an e-mail containing an MDN may indicate that the recipient has actually opened the e-mail in the mail reader program).
- Imap component now allows you to make use of namespaces (see Imap.GetNamespaces method).
- MailBee.NET.dll is now compatible with .NET Framework 3.5/4.0 Client Profile (no references to System.Web).
- New overload of DomainKeys class to enable using this class in ASP.NET web applications.
- Improved HTML and URL processing in MailBee.NET.CF.dll (.NET Compact Framework version).
- Outlook Message Converter can now produce editable (Draft) messages in both Unicode and ANSI modes.
- Outlook Message Converter now supports custom (supplied by the application) HTML-to-RTF generation mechanisms.
- Miscellaneous improvements and bugfixes to the DomainKeys and BounceMail functionality. and to the parsing mechanism of MIME, HTML and IMAP responses produced by not fully RFC-compliant mail servers (like AOL).
Imap component now allows you to specify your own Socket and LocalEndPoint parameters to fine-tune your connections under heavy load (for instance, when dealing with hundreds of connections). Added new overload for Imap.Connect method and changed Imap.BeginConnect method signature.
COMPATIBILITY: If you use Imap.BeginConnect method in your code written for earlier versions of MailBee.NET IMAP, insert
"null, null" (C#) or
"Nothing, Nothing" (VB.NET) in place of the newly added parameters.
- Improved network streams support under .NET 2.0 and above (eliminates issues with uploading and downloading very large e-mails).
- SaveKeyToRegistry tool improvements.
- Miscellaneous documentation improvements.
- Outlook Message Converter introduces more overloads which can generate Unicode and 8-bit strings in .MSG files.
- Also, Outlook Message Converter now extracts more dates from .MSG data, works with streams better than before, provides some level of automatic RTF-to-HTML and HTML-to-RTF conversion. In HTML-to-RTF case, it supports conversion of basic tags. In RTF-to-HTML case, it can just extract "HTML embedded into RTF" from that RTF.
- MailBee.Security.DomainKeys class now supports DKIM (earlier, only classic DK technology was supported).
- MailBee can now autodetect SSL mode and port settings when connecting to well-known mail services (like gmail.com or live.com) or ports (like 995 for POP3). If desired, this smart behaviour can be disabled using MailBee.Global.AutodetectPortAndSslMode property.
- AntiSpam.BayesFilter component can now use streams to load/save database of spam/non-spam tokens (earlier, only files were supported).
- Outlook Message Converter introduces new overloads of MsgConvert.MailMessageToMsg method which can generate Unicode and 8-bit strings in .MSG files (earlier, only plain-ASCII 7-bit strings were supported).
- Also, Outlook Message Converter now extracts embedded .MSG files (recursive conversion) and supports Outlook-specific address formats.
- New sample project for WinForms C# and VB.NET shows advanced real-world use of AntiSpam, IMAP, POP3 and SSL functionality in a single application (techniques used in this project can be employed in ASP.NET projects as well).
- MailBee.Mime.TextBodyPart object now has a constructor which allows creating this object from a MailBee.Mime.MimePart (useful for IMAP operations like download the text body without downloading attachments).
- New license agreement.
- Outlook Message Converter now extracts HTML body from .MSG files (in addition to plain-text and RTF body).
- Smtp component now better tolerates unexpected disconnections from the server.
- New methods MailMessage.ConvertFromSystemNetMail and MailMessage.ConvertToSystemNetMail for interoperability with System.Net.Mail.MailMessage class (only for .NET 2.0 and above).
- Support of many new bounced e-mail formats.
- Outlook Message Converter now extracts RTF body from .MSG files (earlier, only plain-text body was extracted).
- Better recognition of ESMTP authentication capabilities.
- "Save License Key To Registry" utility now works with Outlook Message Converter component as well.
- New component Outlook Message Converter can convert e-mails between normal RFC822 (.EML) format and Outlook 97-2003 .MSG format (OLE2), load .MSG files and streams into MailMessage objects and save these objects into .MSG files and streams. This component does require a license key.
- Miscellaneous bug fixes (mostly related to MIME and IMAP UTF-7 encoding).
- Implemented workaround for MS Exchange 2007 bug with STATUS command response.
- Minor documentation fixes.
- New component BounceMail allows your newsletter applications to track delivery of your e-mails, find invalid e-mail addresses and keep your e-mail address database up-to-date. Can be used together with Smtp.DeliveryNotification functionality. BounceMail component does not require a license key.
- New Security.DomainKeys class which fully supports DomainKeys anti-spam technology (signing new e-mails and verifying signatures of existing e-mails).
- .NET Compact Framework support (for Windows Mobile devices).
- Improved SSL support on .NET 2.0/3.0/3.5 Framework (better performance, Full Trust not required).
- Smtp class can now return reverse DNS (PTR) and TXT records for the specified domain (can be used for anti-spam protection).
- Better error reporting of WinAPI SSL functions (now provides textual error description from WinAPI).
- New methods in several classes of Html namespace.
- Miscellaneous bug fixes (mostly related to MIME).
- Minor documentation fixes.
- New component AntiSpam.BayesFilter which adds Bayesian filter capability to MailBee.NET Objects.
- MIME parsing improvements and better UUEncode support.
- SOCKS4/SOCKS5/HTTP proxy bug fixes.
- Minor documentation fixes.
- New property LocalEndPoint in SmtpServer and DirectSendServerConfig classes allows you bind all outgoing SMTP connections with the specific local IP address and port number (useful for performance tuning if your computer has multiple network adapters).
- New method Smtp.GetMXHosts can be used to get the list of SMTP MX servers for the specified domain.
- Miscellaneous bugfixes related to MIME parsing, S/MIME, and DNS.
- Minor documentation fixes.
- New Smime component and many other classes in Security namespace related to S/MIME and SSL certificate support. Requires its own license key (like Smtp, Pop3 and Imap components do). The license is, however, included in MailBee.NET Objects bundle.
- New Processor component and related classes in new Html namespace. Can be used to examine and manipulate DOM (Document Object Model) of HTML documents. Does not require a license key.
- Mail merge over database and bulk mail (mass mailing) capabilities in Smtp class. Multi-threading (up to 60 threads) is fully supported.
- DNX MX query cache for improved direct send performance.
- New SmtpServer properties for tuning SMTP server throughput: MaxConnectionCount, MaxSendPerSessionCount, PauseInterval.
- New events in Smtp class: MergingMessage, MessageNotSent, MessageSubmittedToPickupFolder, SubmittingMessageToPickupFolder.
- Proxy support for Smtp, Pop3 and Imap components.
- SSL certificates support for Smtp, Pop3 and Imap components. Requires MailBee.NET Security license key.
- Ability to keep already downloaded messages if the entire operation of downloading multiple messages failed in the middle (Pop3.LastDownloadedMessages, Imap.LastDownloadedEnvelopes).
- IMAP IDLE and SORT extensions now supported (Imap.Idle, Imap.SortedSearch and supporting methods).
- New events in Imap class: Idling, MessageStatus.
- MessageParserConfig class now includes EncodingDefault and EncodingOverride properties specifying which encoding to use when the message with international characters does not contain the charset information or this information is incorrect.
- Global class now includes SafeMode property which disables all advanced capabilities - can be used for troubleshooting.
- Added AuthenticationOptions.PreferSimpleMethods and made some changes to authentication related classes to workaround the common problem of mail servers when certain authentication mode is supported by the server but is not working properly.
- SaslMethod class for implementing custom SASL methods extended with a number of new properties.
COMPATIBILITY: due to naming conflicts, a few classes and class members have been renamed or removed:
- Smtp.SubmitToQueue renamed to Smtp.SubmitToPickupFolder.
- MailBeeMimeException removed, descendants renamed to a more general form (e.g. MailBeeMimeIOException renamed to MailBeeIOException).
- ExtendedSmtpOptions.No8bitAndBinary removed.
- Smtp.SubmitToPickupFolder and Smtp.SubmitJobsToPickupFolder methods can submit messages to MailBee Message Queue v1.4 and above (because starting from v1.4, MMQ uses IIS SMTP queue format).
- 64-bit Windows platforms now fully supported.
- A great number of miscellaneous bug fixes and improvements through the entire MailBee.NET Objects library.
- Vast changes in the documentation, especially in Mime namespace.
- New sample projects for SSL and S/MIME. The existing projects have been significantly improved.
- The installer now provides the option to install MailBee.NET.dll optimized for .NET Framework 2.0 (and above) as well as the generic version which is compatible with all .NET Frameworks starting from 1.1. You can even install both versions (they won't conflict with each other).
- The installer is now fully compatible with Windows Vista (including UAC and DEP services).
- New Imap component and ImapMail namespace.
- Secure SSL/TLS connections for Pop3, Imap, and Smtp components, and new Security namespace.
- Windows Intergrated mode of NTLM authentication allows the client to authenticate with the credentials of the currently logged Windows user.
- Smtp.SubmitToQueue method can send messages to IIS SMTP queue.
- New overloads for SmtpServerCollection.Add method and SmtpServer() constructor make it easier to specify the authentication method to use.
- Attachment.GetAttachmentsFromTnef method can extract attachments from MS-TNEF (winmail.dat) files.
- MimePart.Parse method and Attachment(MimePart) constructor allow creation MIME parts and attachments from MIME data (useful for downloading and processing the specific message attachments via the IMAP4 protocol).
- MailMessage.UidOnServer and MessageParserConfig.DatesAsUtc new properties.
- Logger.DisableOnException property allows the application to silently disable logging instead of throwing exception if the log file cannot be created or written to.
- Most features (except SSL/TLS and Windows Intergrated NTLM authentication) can now be used in web applications running on "High" trust level. To use, SSL/TLS and Windows Intergrated NTLM authentication, "Full" trust level or "High" trust level plus Unmanaged code permission is required. However, this is not a concern if MailBee.NET.dll is in GAC (see below).
- MailBee.NET Objects installation program now also puts MailBee.NET.dll into GAC (this enables TLS/SSL and Windows Integrated authentication support even in applications running on trust level lower than "Full").
- Ability to store the license key in Windows registry (this eliminates the need to specify the license key in config files or set it via LicenseKey property of the corresponding component). SaveKey (console application) and SaveKeyGui (WinForms wrapper of SaveKey) are installed into MailBee.NET Objects folder.
- More informative exception messages.
- Improved parsing of mail messages (including support of UUEncode and non-MIME messages having attachments embedded directly in the text body).
- Improved HTML to plain-text conversion.
- Miscellaneous minor bug fixes.
- Improvements and bug fixes of the documentation.
- The VS.NET 2003 and VS.NET 2005 versions of the documentation in HtmlHelp2 format is now available (as a separate download). The HtmlHelp2 documentation fully integrates with Visual Studio, supports Dynamic Help, etc.
- A number of the sample application projects in VS.NET 2003 format (VS.NET 2005 compatible) is now installed with the product.
Send feedback to AfterLogic
Copyright © 2006-2017 AfterLogic Corporation. All rights reserved.