The just released new versions of Aurora business messaging platform and WebMail Pro PHP webmail client support 2-Step Verification, OAuth 2.0, external cloud storage and social network integration.
2-Step Verification (Two Factor Authentication, 2FA) lets your users guard access to their accounts with an extra step of entering a PIN code during the login process. The current implementation supports:
- Generic 2FA (where the PIN can be generated with Google Authentication and similar apps)
- Authy.com service which allows for centralized management of users and extra methods of PIN code delivery (e.g. SMS)
- More 2FA methods can be added with plugins
Aurora now lets you invite new users
via their external e-mail addresses. The user gets an invitation via e-mail in their mail client, opens the link - and voila, they are Aurora user now! This also means e-mail module is now optional for Aurora - you can have users which only need non-mail services of Aurora (Contacts, Calendar, Files and so on).
Aurora user invitation mechanism also works via social networks. For instance, if you invited email@example.com, that user will be able to log in by simply clicking Google login button on Aurora login screen (provided that firstname.lastname@example.org is logged in Google on the current device). Facebook is also supported, and more social connectors can be added as plugins.
The users themselves can also enable authentication via social networks by linking an Aurora account to Google, Facebook or Twitter in External Services section of their settings. This feature is supported in WebMail Pro as well. Again, more social networks or any other OAuth 2.0 authorization services can be added with plugins.
Actually, External Services feature in Aurora and WebMail Pro is not just about authentication. For instance, the current implementation lets user add attachments from Google Drive and Dropbox. With custom plugins it'd even be possible to connect these cloud storages to Files module.
Other cool stuff in the new version:
- Built-in video player in Files module which lets users add and play back links from Vimeo, Youtube, SoundCloud
- "Share calendar" screen redesigned (Aurora only)
- CC/BCC in Helpdesk replies (Aurora only)
- Improved performance in IMAP accounts with lots of folders
- AJAX API and REST API improvements
- More callbacks for custom plugins
- Extended documentation
Now the links.
Live Demo: http://aurora.afterlogic.com/
How to upgrade: https://afterlogic.com/wiki/Upgrading_instructions_(Aurora)
Live demo: https://webmail.afterlogic.com
How to upgrade: https://afterlogic.com/wiki/Upgrading_instructions_(WebMail_Pro)
Note that if you're upgrading from 7.x version, your license key remains the same.
Having questions? You're more than welcome to drop us a message!