We've just released the new version of MailBee.NET Objects library, packed with a bunch of new features and improvements. The most important are:
async/await companions (in .NET 4.5 style) for the library's methods which are doing network or fiIe I/O. They are truly async inside out resulting in better scalability and responsivity of your applications. See WinForms .NET 4.5 and ASP.NET 2013 projects in My Documents\MailBee.NET Objects\Samples for async examples.
- .DLLs for Xamarin Mono, Android and iOS. Now you can utilize MailBee.NET Objects on Windows, Linux and most popular mobile platforms.
- Newly added TLS 1.1/1.2 support for SSL connections is crucial as TLS 1.0 is no longer considered strong.
- Improved network I/O performance.
- Bounce database in memory or single file (earlier, the representation in the form of a directory tree of XML files was the only option).
- See Version History to get the full list of changes.
The new version has been explicitly tested under Windows 10, Visual Studio 2015, .NET 4.6. Well, the older version should be OK too but now it's officially supported.
To upgrade to the new version, you'll need to update your license key. Please contact us at https://s.afterlogic.com/helpdesk/ to request your new key.
In case if your maintenance contract has already expired, you'll need to renew it first. This can be done at https://afterlogic.com/maintenance-renewal (or just drop us a message).
To download the new version, visit https://afterlogic.com/download/net-email-components
If you're also using MailBee.NET Queue, you'll need to update it as well. BTW, it now features the ability to have multiple simultaneously running services, each with its own settings and monitoring its own queue. Many of you asked for this.
Have questions? We would be happy to get in touch with you at https://s.afterlogic.com/helpdesk/