Today we're announcing the new release of MailBee Objects, a set of COM/ActiveX components which implement SMTP, POP3, IMAP, SSL/TLS and S/MIME protocols.
In this release:
- Better IPv6 support.
- IMAP4 UIDPLUS extension support (IMAP4.UIDPlusResult property).
- PFX support in SMIME.AddRecipientCert method.
- Correct parsing of UTF-7-alike email addresses (with plus sign in them).
- SMIME.CSP property now actually has effect (earlier it wasn't actually in use).
- SHA-256 signing in now supported in S/MIME.
- The default encryption method in S/MIME is now 3DES (seems to be supported by most mail clients around) instead of a weaker RC4.
- S/MIME signatures now include full certificate chain.
- More accurate error handling in S/MIME.
- Documentation fixes.
You can download the latest version at https://afterlogic.com/download/email-components
Although the new version will keep working with your existing MBC900 key, you still need to have a valid maintenance contract in order to upgrade. In case if your maintenance contract has already expired, you'll need to renew it first. This can be done at https://afterlogic.com/maintenance-renewal (or just drop us a message if your key is not recognized).
Would like to learn more? We're all ears at https://s.afterlogic.com/helpdesk/.