NB: This module is only for previous version 8 of the product and has not been ported to v9 yet.
This module allows for changing user account password stored on LDAP server.
It is assumed that mailserver users are authenticated via IMAP and SMTP and their passwords are actually stored on LDAP server, so changing password there will result in changing password for email account as well.
If you have installed Aurora Corporate from Git, you can follow the instructions for adding a module. If you've installed the product from ZIP, there's a simple approach available.
- Navigate to module page at https://github.com/afterlogic/aurora-module-ldap-change-password-plugin
- Click "Clone or download" button to obtain ZIP archive of the module
modules directory of Aurora Corporate installation, create
- extract contents of
aurora-module-ldap-change-password-plugin-master directory of ZIP archive into subdirectory you've created
- log into your Aurora Corporate installation, to make sure the module and its settings are initialized
After installing the module, you should find its configuration file at
Of course, you will need to adjust those settings according to your LDAP server setup.
For SupportedServers, you need to supply array of mailserver hostnames or IP addresses the feature is enabled for. If you put "*" item there, it means the feature is enabled for all accounts.
Additionally, the plugin uses the following parameters found in
- 'PasswordMinLength' - defines minimal number of characters the password must have;
- 'PasswordMustBeComplex' - if set to true, the password has to include at least one digit and at least one non-alphanumeric character.
To make sure "Change Password" button is displayed, set Disabled to false in
data/settings/modules/ChangePasswordWebclient.config.json configuration file.